The Picnic Shelter at the Ethan Allen Homestead is available for rent for the 2021 season!
- Birthday or Graduation Parties
- Wedding or Baby Showers
- Family Reunions, BBQ’s, and Gatherings
- Staff trainings, meetings or retreats
- Camps or educational programs
- Local businesses or organizations public programs or trainings
Contact email@example.com for availability, to request a rental application, or for more information.
Please include desired date, type of event and number of people expected in your message.
Requests for renting the picnic shelter at the Ethan Allen Homestead must be made at least ten (10) days in advance of the desired reservation date and a completed rental application & agreement, full rental fee, and damage deposit must be received by the WVPD at least one (1) week in advance in order to secure the rental space.
Picnic Shelter Amenities Include:
- Eight (8) picnic tables that seat 8-10 people each. Additional tables can be made available upon request.
- Electricity: four (4) 20 amp outlets with two plugs each.
- Water fountain with hose hook-up available seasonally.
- Two (2) trash barrels and one (1) barrel for recyclables. All garbage/trash and recycling must be carried out of the park by the renting party.
- Fire place with cook grates (cook grates available upon request). Small, portable cook grills may be used with prior permission from the WVPD. The collection and burning of fire wood is prohibited. Wood brought from outside the park is prohibited.
- Two (2) out-house style toilets are located near the picnic shelter.
- Access to 3+ miles of walking trails, Winooski River canoe and kayak access, community gardens, and the Ethan Allen Homestead Museum and Historic Allen House (additional fees and tickets required for the museum. Please visit www.ethanallenhomestead.org for more information).
2021 Picnic Shelter Rental Rates: $75.00 refundable damage deposit required for all rentals regardless of size or duration of rental.
Small Groups (35 people or less)
- Half day (5 hours or less) $65
- Full day $100
Large Groups (36-65 people)
- Half day (5 hours or less) $95
- Full Day $155
Additional fees and requirements will be applied to any event that wishes to have addition amenities including but not limited to catered/served food and/or alcoholic beverages served through a licensed vendor and/or any additional equipment/structures to be brought onsite. A certificate of insurance will be required from all vendors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to discuss your rental needs.
Maximum capacity for the picnic shelter is 65 people. Larger groups up to 100 may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis as determined by the WVPD, and are subject to additional fees.
Important information for renting the shelter at the Ethan Allen Homestead:
- The park is closed and the gate locked each night at dusk. Dusk is defined as 30 minutes after sunset; the gate will not be open later than 9:00pm during the season. Shelter rentals are required to be cleaned up and vacated no later than 30 minutes prior to dusk; OR at the latest 8:00pm during the season.
- Alcohol is allowed, however it cannot be dispensed from a central location unless by a licensed caterer/vendor.
- Glass containers of any kind are NOT allowed in the park or picnic shelter area.
- Amplified music of any kind is not allowed. This includes the use of cars or car stereos.
- Pets are allowed in the park, but must be kept on a leash at all times and may not be left unattended. All pet waste must be immediately cleaned up and properly disposed of.
- Parking is limited for the picnic shelter and at the Ethan Allen Homestead. Larger events require appointing a parking attendant, which is the responsibility of the renting party.
- Coordination of caterers, food trucks, port-o-lets, additional equipment, etc. are the full responsibility of the renting party and subject to additional impact fees. The WVPD requires a certificate of insurance from any and all caterers, vendors, food trucks, etc.
- There are caretakers on site at the park that may be available to help with technical issues that may arise during rental events, but the WVPD does not provide any onsite support for set up or clean up. That is the sole responsibility of the renting party.
The Ethan Allen Homestead is a busy public park, and we remind picnic shelter renters that other park users will be on site for a variety of reasons and other uses during the day. Please be respectful of the space and other users, especially when it comes to noise and parking.
Contact email@example.com for shelter availability and to make your reservation today!